1. Consider the style
Every ADU will have its own style. While this is true for full-size homes as well, the kitchen is often in the same room as much of the living space in an ADU. Therefore, it’s important to have a consistent style throughout your converted living space, such as a modern or traditional style. Everything in your kitchen should fit into this theme.
2. Pick out the right finish for your kitchen cabinets
The finish that you choose for your kitchen cabinets or countertops can play an important role in creating the right look for your new living space. Luckily, you can choose from a wide range of light, clear, and dark finishes for wooden kitchen cabinets. Other types of cabinets can be painted to create the right look for your ADU.
3. Decide if you want to buy custom or pre-made cabinets for your ADU kitchen
If you are looking for kitchen cabinets, you’ll need to decide whether to get pre-made or custom-built cabinet sets. Custom-built cabinets can give your ADU a unique look, and you can literally get any kitchen cabinet design you want. However, they are also significantly more expensive than pre-made cabinets, and many pre-built cabinet sets are extremely stylish, durable, and unique.
4. Hire a contractor that specializes in kitchen installation
It’s important to make sure that the contractor that you pick to set up your ADU kitchen has experience with kitchen installation. Look into their background to make sure that they’ve had this experience. In some cases, you’ll be able to hire a kitchen installation contractor from a local home supply store. For instance, Polaris offers installation services at an affordable price, which can save you quite a lot of time and money.
- 4 Pieces of the Home Buying Process to Heed
- Top Reasons Why People Use a Cash-Out Refinance
- 5 tips to be Financially Prepared for Buying a Home in 2018
- Thinking of Selling Your Home? 4 Financial Questions You Must Consider
- Renting Out Your House’s Spare Room? 4 Financial Questions to Ask Prospective Roommates